Stewards Of This Land Since 2013
People + Planet
Our Commitment to
People + Planet
“We fell in love with the land, the people,
and its culture.”
At Pasha, our goal is to positively impact our community, our employees, and their families’ lives, and provide you a glimpse of the Pura Vida life.
This is how we practice our commitment to sustainable development.
PASHA'S GARDENER, LUIS, TENDING TO THE GARDENS
Leaving a Legacy of Positive Footprints
As a proud member of the Cayuga Collection, Pasha aims to positively impact the surrounding community and ecosystems.
These are the ways we care about the planet:
- Let’s talk about water. We have a state-of-the-art wastewater treatment plant. Thanks to this, treated water is used to irrigate the plants on the property.
- Constructing as low-impact as possible. When we built Pasha, we utilized as many renewable materials as possible to ensure sustainable and low-impact construction.
- We eat locally. At Pasha, we know and support our local farmers and producers. We source only grass-fed beef, hormone-free chicken, responsibly caught seafood, and as many locally produced and organic fruits and vegetables as possible.
- We don’t like plastic. You will not see single-use plastics at Pasha, and beach cleanups are conducted frequently in order to keep our beaches clean, beautiful and plastic-free.
- We go beyond recycling. Why? Because we prefer to try better options first —we follow the refuse, reduce, and reuse rule. Simultaneously, we maintain the highest standard in waste recycling programs, and programs to avoid waste.
- We clean with environmentally friendly products. Pasha’s housekeeping team exclusively uses biodegradable cleaning products, and all guest bath amenities are biodegradable too.
- We support local NGOs. Pasha’s proceeds support local NGOs like the Cirenas Foundation. They help protect Sea Turtle nesting on the beaches nearby.
- We have regenerative farms. Pasha is involved in developing a 40-hectare farm in Costa Rica that produces organic turmeric, bacopa, moringa, holy basil, ginger, ashwanganda.